Friday, July 9, 2010

Something Whimsical!

For the next few weeks, Boutonnieres & Bow Ties will feature different wedding vendors so our wonderful readers can learn about other great wedding services!

Our first vendor is an extremely crafty artist by the name of Denise Cole! Denise is the creator of Pomp & Plumage and she is the designer and maker of boutonnieres and other wedding accessories!

Let's take a look at Denise's contribution to the wedding world and what she has to say about weddings!

Where are you located?
Canada

Your contact information and website:
Denise Cole, Pomp & Plumage

What do you love about weddings?
Everything. Seriously.

Tell us a little about your work. How would you describe your style?
Pomp & Plumage boutonnieres are perfect for:
-earthy, outdoor weddings with lush grass, tall trees, paper lanterns and blue Ball jars
-old Hollywood glamour weddings in historical mansions
-garden parties
-literary weddings
-destination weddings (our pieces are heirloom quality and cannot wilt like flowers)

What advice do you have for grooms (and brides) when you are working with them?
I love hearing all the details, seeing photos, learning more about the bride and groom, and discussing lots of options so that I can design a custom piece that fits perfectly with a couple's design concept and personality. Don't be shy to ask lots of questions, send inspiration photos, and - if possible - leave lots of time prior to the big day so that we can create something perfect.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a designer and maker of boutonnieres and other wedding accoutrements for style-conscious brides and grooms who are seeking well-designed pieces made by hand with integrity. It's important to me that my pieces are not only uncommon and well-made but affordable.

My process is very organic. I sit down with my materials and piece things together in ways that highlight the innate qualities of the materials (i.e. letting tulle pouf, silk drape and feathers plume). I am uncompromising in my attention to detail and to the interplay of colour and texture. I love pieces on a grand scale and those that are surprisingly intricate and thoughtful for their small size. I don't like many things that are average, in-between or moderate. I love working on custom orders that reflect a client's personality.

I love design. And I'm obsessed with weddings.

Latest Inspiration:
the Japanese concept of wabi-sabi (finding beauty in the asymmetry, impermanence and textures of nature).


Just look at how delicate the Laurel Wreath boutonniere (top right) is! I'd love to get my hands on one. Can you believe everything is handcrafted?!

Like what you see? Click here to contact Denise Cole!

No comments:

Post a Comment