Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Eloping on a Bluff - Option 2

canadian_elopement

Align CenterWow. Who doesn't dream of eloping...on a cliff (Prince Edward Island. Did anyone see today's Live with Regis and Kelly?!?)...next to an ocean...with only you, your honey and dog!? Well, that's what Alexis and her fiance, Matthew, will be doing in a few short weeks! Their colors? Red from the clay landscape, green from the fields and of course, blue from the ocean! She'll wear an ivory trumpet dress with an sweetheart neckline in raw silk. Breathtaking. So, what will he wear?

I chose neutral tones with accents of red and blue. I'm so excited about the lightweight chino suit from JCrew. I think it's a perfect complement to his athletic, yet sophisticated style. As for the shirt, I found a light blue gingham shirt. It's a beautiful summer option. After the ceremony, I see Matthew slinging his jacket over his shoulders, cuffing his pants and rolling up his sleeves. Ah, perfection. The tie is equally fun. I rarely get to recommend knit ties! I chose a navy and light blue (same color as the shirt) striped tie. Remember girls, don't be afraid to mix and match patterns! It's so easy to do. All of Matthew's accessories are brown, rugged and have a slightly worn-in look. I love the boots from Frye; they are functional and fashionable. The deep red laces are totally in line with Alexis's wedding colors. I imagine their wedding taking place on a sunny day, so Matthew definitely needs a pair of retro sunglasses in tortoise shell from Persol. The red and navy watch is sporty, fun and not-too serious. Finally, I chose a boutonniere with a leafy and berry accent. Heart!

Come back tomorrow to see what Abbey of Providence Classic has come up with for the eloping couple.

Don't forget to vote for your favorite design board! Leave a comment! - Sam

Need help styling your groom? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment