Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Elegant, Modern Groom - Option 2

romanticFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore



I'm so excited about this wedding! In the bride's own words, she's says, "I'm going for a very 'romantic', classic elegance. Lot's of candlelight." Imagine a soft, muted palette with ivory, white and blush. I'm just tickled by this color combination.

So, here's what I imagine the groom wearing. Let's start with the foundation pieces. I started with a notched lapel tuxedo - it's an updated tuxedo silhouette. Tuxedos do NOT need to have wing tip collars and cheesy ruffles on it. No. Instead I opted for something a little bit more streamlined - a wide-spread collar, subtly pleated bib front and hidden buttons - for the modern groom. Next I chose neutral toned accents. I found mother-of-pearl tuxedo studs and matching cuff links. It gives the shirt a hint of pink, blush and ivory. There are two tie options to choose from. While I normally avoid white ties, I do like this ivory option for photos. The groom can even switch into the black option for the reception. Who says a groom can't change up his outfit?! My favorite piece of this design board is the antique watch. The silvery, creamy look of the watch face (which is actually a silver dollar) is a perfect complement to the bride's romantic and elegant wedding. Finally, I love the brandy glass. Its curves are beautiful, yet streamlined. The bride can surprise her male (and female) wedding guests by offering cigars and after-dinner drinks!

Hope you enjoyed this design board! - Sam

Need help styling your groom? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment