Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Classic Wedding with Vintage Flourish - Option 2

boardwalk wedding

The couple, Kristine and Billy, is so cute, which is why it was so fun putting their design board together. Kristine describes her wedding as "classic, romantic with some vintage touches." They're holding their ceremony at a Catholic church built in the 1920s and then having boardwalk themed cocktail hour! Kristine describes Billy as, "All-American," who prefers JCrew and Ralph Lauren. So, here's what I put together for him.

Their wedding palette is navy, french blue, wine and eggplant, so I instantly knew that I wanted to go with a dark blue, two-button suit. I also chose a matching vest. If you can't tell, I've been totally into vests lately! I chose dress shirt that is a nod to Kristine's french blue. The blue on blue gives the whole look depth and visual interest. It's perfect for their semi-formal wedding. Then, I went ahead and chose some cognac colored accessories - not only does it complement the navy suit, but it also gives a vintage-y feel to the pieces. The shoes are perforated with a simple, yet classic design. The Pakerson belt and cuff links are ah-mazing. The belt is actually hand-painted! I pulled the whole look together with a wine-colored, striped tie. Finally, Kristine can decorate her cocktail hour with some vintage boardwalk postcards. And, I'm totally obsessed with the leather bound sketch book which can double as her guest book!

Hope you enjoyed this design board! - Sam

Need help styling your groom? Click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment