Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Polished Prep Option 2

nautical wedding

Anneke and Austin will be wed in Maine next summer. And, as you can tell, I've got an anchor theme going.

Anneke describes Austin's style as preppy, but not "pop your collar" prep. I love that he has diverse tastes and feels equally comfortable in Uniqlo basics as he does in Nantucket Reds. So, what do I have in store for Austin? Let's start with the foundation pieces. I chose a solid, navy suit and matching slacks. Just a simple navy suit will do. Then, I think a light blue dress shirt would go very well with the navy suit. Totally classic and formal. Their wedding colors are navy and fuchsia, so it's important to let those colors pop throughout the outfit. I'm totally loving the J. Press tie and silk knot cufflinks. Next, I found the most amazing loafers from Ferragamo. The earthy color is a perfect complement to the navy suit.

Let's talk about the nautical themed goodies. I didn't want to go too overboard or cutesy with the nautical theme. So, I found an anchor tie tack from Giles & Brother that Austin and his groomsmen can wear. Let me tell you girls, tie accessories are back! Next, I found nautical themed socks in gray from J. McGaughlin. Very cute. Lastly, I found awesome thank you cards with navy and fuchsia anchors on them. Yes, it can be customized with your name on them.

Come back tomorrow to see what Abbey of Providence Classic has come up with for the couple.

Hope you enjoyed this design board - Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment