Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Colorful Affair - Option 2

casual washington wedding


Our next couple, Rayann and Benny, will be wed in a mere 3 weeks!

Here's what I have in store for Benny.

Since Benny hates pants, I decided to go with shorts for this look. But, there's no reason to look sloppy. There are so many clean, sophisticated short designs out there! I've chosen a neutral pair from John Lewis. They're so cute! I love the button details at the waist. A casual blazer is also necessary - it's not too stuffy. I couldn't decide among the red, green or blue gingham, short-sleeve shirts. But, each are a perfect complement to Rayann and Benny's wedding colors. I gave the shoes some thought. I've seen quite a few men wearing dress shoes with their shorts. But, it's not a look that everyone can pull off. And, for a laid-back groom like Benny, dress shoes are not the way to go! So, I have some beige boat shoes (with green striped accents). For Benny, a Hawaiian native, pair of flip flops is a must have! The supple pair are from Olukai Ohana. Love them. They are functional, stylish and comfortable. Speaking of Hawaii, Benny also needs a pair of board shorts!

The accessories are key to keep the outfit fun and unfussy. I have a pair of aviator sunglasses, a straw fedora, and canvas belt.

Lastly, the boutonniere is made of a yellow dahlia. Love the petite petals.

Come back tomorrow to see what Abbey of Providence Classic has come up with for the couple.

Don't forget to vote for your favorite design board! Leave a comment! - Sam

Need help styling your groom? Click here.


1 comment: