Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Introducing the B&BT Stylists - Vol. I

Now that we have told you a little bit about our new direction, you're probably asking yourselves, "Who will be putting together the B&BT boards?" Over the next few days, we will introduce you to the Stylists behind our design boards.

Introducing...Samantha Shih

At my bridal shower

My personal style:

I would say that I'm modern and romantic. I love ruffles and any fabrics that flutter. I'm a huge fan of soft, flowing materials such as cotton-silk, silk or chiffon, especially in neutral colors. But, having lived in the city my whole life, I also like things that are streamlined and unfussy.

And, as you can tell from the above picture...I'm also not afraid to be goofy in public.

Why do I love weddings?

Weddings are an expression of one's creativity, personality and style, whether it be flowers, gown, ring, venue, etc. You are given a blank slate; you have the freedom to make major decisions.

What do you hope brides (and grooms) will get out of the blog?

My work at 9tailors allows me to collaborate with many brides and grooms. I feel honored that I get to be a part of one of the most important days of their lives. To create something for the bride and groom that is a reflection of their combined tastes and personalities is also an incredible joy.

After having worked with many brides, it became clear to me that their main priority is to create a cohesive look to the wedding. Most importantly, brides want the groom's outfit to complement the bride's gown. However, it can be stressful to shop for the guys....It can be a dizzying array of collars, cuffs, lapels, fabrics, etc. So, my hope is that this blog will help demystify men's fashion and inspire brides and grooms everywhere!

Anyway, come back tomorrow to meet our other B&BT Stylists.

Need help styling your groom? Submit your wedding here.

No comments:

Post a Comment