Monday, March 16, 2009

Grooms Style #5: Bali Hai

My brother and his lovely fiance, Joan, are getting married in Bali. Jealous? Um, yes. It can seem like a daunting task to get married on a beach (e.g., the heat, the sand, the humidity). However, I created a very carefree groom's look that complements an equally breezy wedding dress by J. Crew. Lightweight suits in linen are a great way to beat the heat (no one likes underarm stains) and stay stylish. I also like a good ol' pocket square as an alternative to some kind of orchid boutonniere (talk about predictable). Since I know my mom would have a fit if she saw my brother in flip flops at the wedding, I completed the look with a pair of white, lace-up sneakers.

Inspiration? Tulle Dress by J. Crew

Bali Hai
Tulle dress: JCrew via Brides.com; Linen/silk suit/pants: Jaeger; Linen shirt: James Pearse; Sunglasses: Ray Ban; Sneakers: Lanvin; Stainless steel ring: J. Leigh Jewelry

Bali Hai - on Polyvore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment